Via Skype Overseas Pakistanis Can Register Complaints
New System for Hearing Complaints
- The meeting was conducted with the Senior Adviser and Grievance Commissioner for Overseas Pakistanis, Hafiz Ahsaan Ahmed Khokhar and the decision was made for the use of Skype during this meeting. He will hear the complaints from the Pakistanis, who are living in foreign countries, about their self and the systematic issues off the community. He will receive the complaints, which are related to the federal government ministries, departments, agencies and other organizations.
- There are some other attendees off the meeting, who are representatives of the concerned ministries, Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment and Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF).
- The advisor, Mr. Hafiz Ahsaan said that the necessary directives have been issues to OPF and Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis that they make necessary arrangements to hear the complaints at Federal Ombudsman Secretariat through the use of Skype. The complaints will be made for the countries, where the community welfare attaches sent to resolve the issues in the ‘minimum time possible’.
Voting Rights for Overseas Pakistanis
- The necessary efforts are being made to include Pakistanis, who are living in foreign countries, in the election, so that they can get right of casting votes and the matter for right of vote were discussed by the government.
- If they want to use their right to vote in the elections then NADRA was given the orders to verify and register the overseas Pakistanis. NADRA authorities confirmed that they would be able to register about 140,000 people in about one year. If more resources are provided and enough manpower is employed to NADRA, then this number of registering the vote can be increased and they can do better job.
- It is the costly and time effective measure to get and resolve the complaints with the use of Skype and it is need of the hour to bring more improvement in this process. During 21st century, the lines can be kept open for the expatriate population to resolve their issues and it is hoped that this initiative will help the Pakistanis living in foreign countries to save the unnecessary hassles, time and money in solving the common issues, which they face.