Taxpayer Registration (Taxpayer Registration (NTN) FAQ(New Registration and Change in Particulars)
National Tax Number (NTN) can be obtained for Income Tax, Sales Tax and Federal Excise purposes. This NTN can also be used for Import and Export of goods.Taxpayer Registration means, obtaining National Tax Number (NTN) from the FederalBoard of Revenue for making taxable transactions .
How to get registered?
- Taxpayer Registration can be obtained by any of the following two ways:
- Apply online at FBR Portal by visiting https://e.fbr.gov.pk
- Apply on paper at any of the Taxpayer Facilitation Centre (View List of TFC Centers)
- Taxpayer registration is available for following three types of persons:
- Association of Persons (AOP)
- For registration of all the above type of persons, there is a single form notified by FBR which can be downloaded by clicking here.(TRF-01 input form) This form can be used for registration of new taxpayers as well as making changes in particulars. It is the responsibility of each registered taxpayer to notify the changes in his particulars such as address, contact number, e-mail, name of employer, bank account number, etc.
How to apply for New Registration Online?
- You can apply online for new registration by performing following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the FBR Portal at https://e.fbr.gov.pk
- Step 2: Select “New e-registration” from the drop-down of “e-Registration menu” and enter the data in front of following captions appearing on the screen:
- Select the taxpayer type (Individual, AOP, or Company)
- Enter the CNIC/NTN/Reg.Inc, according to the selected taxpayer type
- Enter Name of taxpayer
- Enter “Image character”
- Click “Ok”